Sunday, May 10, 2020

Failures

Online, we often post about their accomplishments. Nothing wrong with that.

Because most or all of us fail too, and perhaps in a stubborn stance against pride and envy, here are some of my failures. This is definitely not an exhaustive list.

  • Juggling of any sort
  • Cartwheels, handstands
  • Rejections from hundreds of applications, almost everything I've ever applied for
    • Undergrad at Columbia, Princeton, MIT, the President's Scholars Program at Georgia Tech, clubs on campus
    • PhD at MIT
    • Jobs at Blackstone, Citadel, Facebook, Google, Goldman, McKinsey, WeWork, WGSN, and many more of all industries and sizes. I have a huge failure rate with job applications; it's probably close to 99%.
  • How I treated my little brother when he was going up. I often lost patience with him.
  • Saying hurtful things about or to people. I've made terrible mistakes with my words and thoughts.
  • Failed dating relationships
  • The many times I tried to run only to find that I was still injured and/or breathless
  • Dropping and breaking my phone
  • Wearing the wrong clothes for the weather
  • Being awkward at a networking event and not knowing what to say or do
  • Running late
  • Not fitting into my clothes
  • Losing a piano competition 
  • Losing all tennis matches
  • Bombing a big test
  • Learning French

No comments: