Sunday, November 25, 2012

Prayer Request

In my entire life, I have seen a total of I think two Korean drama movie things. I think they were movies, not dramas. From what I know, they are typically (I think) ridiculously emotional and rather unrealistic. But they really seem to get people's attention... given how many people enjoy them regularly, which may or may not be a bad thing.
The one on my mind is a rather popular one. I don't remember what it is called, but this guy meets a girl who later gets Alzheimer's and starts to forget him. This gets pretty sad because when she realizes that she is losing her memory, she becomes desperate. She writes hundreds of reminder notes around the house. She holds onto him and cries because she doesn't know when she will remember him again. The thing she wants, above everything else, is to keep remembering and loving him.
Unfortunately, I am experiencing a situation like this.
In the time I have met and gotten to know Jesus more, I have never experienced such a bad attack of what I am calling, a spiritual Alzheimer's.
It's been so clear that Jesus is truly God. Every time I ask Him to reveal Himself, He has practically and/or literally been right in front of my face. Over and over again, every time I lose faith, He shows me so clearly that He IS real, that He is not too good to be true, that He died for every single person who ever lived and who ever is to live. I know I'm not crazy because there is an enormous cloud of witnesses who also have stories about Him.
But I keep forgetting and then living as though I don't know this at all. Every now and then, I remember again and desperately try to hold onto the truth. Then I forget again.
In the moments that I do remember, I try to do everything I can to hold on, to remember, to not let go of Him. I write to Him, I talk to Him, listen to Him, promise to Him, cry to Him, fall in love with Him, and share His love. I talk to other people about Him, I listen to other people talk about Him. I worship Him.
Right now, I think I'm about to forget again, and I don't know when I will remember again. I'm so scared.

Please pray for me.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:31-39 ESV)

No comments: