Friday, June 01, 2012

To my childhood friend

Hi A. H.!

I don't know if you remember me anymore but that's okay, haha; we haven't talked for years!!

I wanted to say hello to you today because you are really important to me!
I remember when you were in 4th grade, I first met you. You were the first friend I had who said she was Christian, and you taught me how to pray in Jesus's name. That was the first time I ever thought about Christianity. You and your mom even invited my mom and I to church one day. At Sunday school, the teacher asked noticed that I was new and said, "Do you believe in Jesus?" and I said "Yes," not really understanding what was going on. Then we read some of Revelations, which was pretty intense. Then, at lunch we had rice, bai chai and some sort of meat. You were scared because apparently there was a bat in the next room.

After fourth grade I didn't think much of Jesus until a couple of years ago.
But about a year ago, I started having love encounters with God. Since then my perspective has radically changed. Now I'm getting to know the Jesus who we innocently discussed about a decade ago. Everything about Him is so beautiful. His infinite love, patience, His angels, his Spirit...

So, I pray that He becomes even more important in our lives, soon and always.

Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day!

Love always,
Kejing

No comments: